Skip to main content

Games Testing

Criticism

I personally found this particular topic extremely interesting to read about as criticism is a huge part of college and project work. We are constantly getting constructively criticized by each other and lecturers to get an external input and perspective on our work. We are also constantly giving constructive criticism (especially in this module with our weekly project feedback comments) so reading about it and learning to use it in the most useful way possible is extremely helpful.

Most People Aren't Good At Criticism

We usually find it hard to find a good way to comment on somebody's work. Some people are either too timid ("I like it!") and some are too outspoken (can lead to an argumentative result)

Constructive Criticism offers valid feedback both positive and negative. Giving constructive criticism can lend much-needed assistance to an individual by giving them feedback on things that can be improved or issues that can be avoided.


VALID AND UNBIASED FEEDBACK - tangible, credible, well-founded and free of individual taste


If you want good criticism, then:

   1)focus on valid and unbiased feedback, and...

   2)make your criticism clear, understandable and relevant.


EXAMPLES

(A) That logo design suck, who would pay for something like that?

(B) I hate red and green, why not use black and white instead?
\
(C) I can't read the text.


(A) The balloon font in the logo seems a bit too playful for your business, do you think a serif font might be a bit more suitable for your business?

(B) 10% of the male population has red-green color-blindness, you might want to ensure that your color scheme doesn't turn away potential customers.

(C) There isn't much contrast between the background and text color, and the font size is a bit small, so the text is difficult to read.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Web Developer.

Hey! This post is a little bit less of the 'fun talk' than discussing my favorite game, but it will still be very interesting. I will be discussing ME! Nothing too personal, I will be focusing on the professional side of my everyday life. At the moment, college takes up most of my time, as you would expect. I am currently in my second year of study in Creative Digital Media and so far, I'm loving it! We aren't really too long into Second Year for me to give a fully-fledged opinion on it, but I can definitely share my thoughts from First Year.  First Year was hands-down the quickest year of my life. It is crazy how different your life feels when starting in a completely different environment, especially after coming straight from secondary school, like I did. When you're finally studying and working on something that you want to be doing, you have fun and time really does fly. I definitely know that I'm in the right course. My favorite thing about

Alpha

So, I've managed to complete the three levels that I hoped to complete. I have added a skybox to the levels also, and have changed the color of the text on-screen (the coin-counter) from black to white, as the black text blended in with the background. My Own Screenshot Of The Updated First Level One issue I'm having is with the materials and textures. I have no idea what's happening with them. All materials are now showing up as the default plain white (they have a pink hue in the screenshot due to the skybox), and it won't allow me to add the textures or materials that I intended to use, and that were used in my first playable. Also, when you play the game, and progress to another level, this happens: My Own Screenshot Of Level 2 For some reason, the hue then changes to kind of a beige color. This only happens when you begin on a certain level and progress to another one during gameplay. If I were to begin gameplay on Level 2, for exampl

Game Brainstorm

My brainstorming session has gone a bit better than I expected. I've come up with some interesting ideas that I think will be quite fun to experiment with and create. 1. A horror game. 2. A mystery game. 3. A maze game. 4. An obstacle-course game. Although I don't play games, and barely ever have, I feel like I have some fun ideas for games to create. A Horror Game: I'm a big fan of horror movies, so this is where my inspiration for this idea has been drawn from. The idea in my mind is a character, completely lost and confused in a field of some sort, they start to explore and find paths to follow. On these paths, they find items that trigger memories about why they're there and how they got lost. They eventually arrive at a barn, where they explore some more and find unrecognizable corpses around the area. They then get hit over the head with something, wake up with fully realized memories and an instinct to escape. (I haven't fully developed the story bu